Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fat Withdrawal

I reluctantly went to the dentist this morning.  It is the only place on earth where they make a habit of chipping away your bones.  Worse yet, my dentist is obsessed with Disney.  There is definitely something disconcerting about a 35-year-old tooth extractor who is infatuated with simple-minded, half naked, buck toothed animals.  I have a hard time taking him seriously.


Anyway, he's been telling me for sometime now to get my wisdom teeth pulled.  I disagree.  They aren't infected, hurting, or dirty.  They are mine.  I grew them and I say my teeth should stay.  I was discussing this with my husband last weekend.  I told him I am proud of every part of my body, as I was the one to grow it.  That's when he dug his grave, "Or shrunk it." 

I pondered that for a moment, wondering how I could possibly shrink my wisdom teeth.  If I could, that would be a great option!  "Sorry, doc, you can't pull 'em!  I shrunk them last Wednesday.  Boo Yah!"

Then I thought maybe he was referring to the baby fat I added when I had our two boys.  I gained 40 pounds with my second one and yes, I showed it in my face.  But it is gone now and it has been for 2.5 years.  Okay, maybe I am proud those extra rolls are gone.  Thanks for the reminder, dear!

36 Weeks Pregnant with my second child.
2.5 years later. 
Wait.  He was referring to my boobs!  Yes, running has dissolved most of my body fat over time.  Now that I've turned up the miles, my body eats the fat where ever it can find it.  Over the last 5 months of marathon training I've lost about 5 pounds.  I don't doubt that I can put it back on, brownies love me.  But it is gone nevertheless, and the first place my body decided to rob me, was the one place I couldn't afford a withdrawal.

Fine Randall, I will rephrase.  "I am proud of my body.  Anything I grew, shrunk, or aged, is mine.  If it isn't diseased, hurting, rotten, or falling off, doctor, you need to leave it alone." 

I have to go back in 2 weeks to fill a cavity.


~Roadburner

No comments:

Post a Comment