Monday, April 7, 2014

Doggy Pains

Tucker has tendonitis in his left paw.  He's never shown the smallest amount of soreness over the years, no matter how far he's gone.  And even with a sore paw, he refuses to stop running.  He just limps around looking at everyone like, "What the heck is your problem, I could easily have run further!"


He thinks I hate him all of the sudden.  Dogs are that self serving.  He watches me leave the house, while glaring at me through the windows.  "I could have gone," his pathetic little eyes plead.  "Bitchy human's been planning this betrayal all along."  When I return home from an hour plus run, he smells where I have been, tosses his nose up in the air and refuses to sit in the same room with a traitor.  I join him in the kitchen but he leaves and watches from afar, nosing my steamy perfumes from a distance.

There is nothing you can do for a tendonitis ridden dog, but let him rest.  Obviously this is cruel.  When I have pains in my legs, I roll the crap out of them, I ice them, take a ton of Motrin, use compression socks, and purposely limp in front of my husband to milk his compassion.  Within 24-48 hours I am back running again, but Tucker remains sore after a week of no exercise.


Tendonitis or not, Tucker is 8 years old and sprightly.  According to a doggy year conversion calculator, he is only 45.  Within a few more days he will be pulling me along the trails as always.  He isn't old yet, not like me.  I am a 133 year old dog!  I'm the one with reasons to complain. 


~Roadburner


No comments:

Post a Comment