Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tofu Smoothie?

Okay, yes I know.  I am tofu-crazy!  But here is one more recipe that I really love and if you give it a chance, I know you will too!  After blending the tofu into the smoothie, you don't even know it is there.  It adds an extra creamy texture that is often mistaken for ice cream when I don't tell people what is in it first.  Oh, and my kids love it.  Little do they know they are getting a wonderfully sneaky helping of protein!  After combining the Greek yogurt to 1/5 a package of tofu, you get 28g of protein!

Tofu Strawberry Smoothie

1 Cup Strawberries
1/2 Cup Raspberries
1 Ripe Banana
1/4 cup sliced extra soft tofu
1 Cup Orange Juice (Feel free to change from orange juice to pineapple juice for extra anti-inflammatory benefits.
1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I prefer Choboni Strawberry or Raspberry for this recipe)

Combine all the ingredients into a blender.  Blend on high speed for at least 1 minute.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment